Dylan

What country do you live in:
South Africa

What is your native language
: Afrikaans

What other languages do you speak:
English (fluently)

Motivation (why do you want to be support staff on LEET?):
I believe I can make the forum as well as Discord and Slack a better place for the community by helping others solving their problems and by giving the best advice possible. Another reason is that I work every day about 2 - 3 hours a day on my LEET server, busy testing plugins and report as many bugs as possible to help LEET improve their plugins so that the users can have the best experience with LEET.CC

Previous experiences (MCPE or other):
I have been playing Minecraft PocketEdition since it was in beta and I believe there’s nothing that I don’t know about Minecraft. I’m also an experienced fantasy, medieval and rustic builder.

How long have you been using LEET:
I have been using LEET for almost 3 years.

What is your experience with LEET:
I’ve had my ups and downs with LEET as a client, but I still find this server hosting provider company great and it has lots of potential to it and therefore I want to be part of the staff community.

What is your experience with PocketMine:
I could say, not much, because I don’t use PocketMine often, though I do know the basics and if it requires me to find out more about PocketMine in order to be part of the staff community, then I will do my research.

What is your experience with plugins:
I have lots of experiences with LEET’s plugins since I work with them daily.

What is your experience with support/customer service?:
I have found many solutions thanks to the majority of the LEET staff team. I’m looking forward to being part of this staff community if I get accepted.

Do you know how to use Slack:
Yes, I use slack daily and I know all its features, from top to bottom, as well as Discord.

What do you think should improve to LEET:
(NOTE: please do not take this as an insult, this is only my opinion) In my opinion, I personally think that LEET.CC should improve their servers by not using Amazon’s clouds to make servers possible. I also think that LEET should be more secure because I heard that a developer that’s not part of LEET has personal information of users. I’m not saying this is true, but I always try to be secured. I also think that LEET should add more maps to the LEET Application and like I said, improving their servers because people experience lag all the time.

What is your email?: [email protected]

Real age:
15 Turning 16 soon.

What would you suggest if someone tells you the server shows up as online in the app, but offline in MCPE. Be descriptive:
I’d suggest the following:

"Dear user,

First of all, I want to thank you for writing to us. My name is Dylan and I’ll be helping you with your problem today!

As I understand your problem, In the LEET App it shows that your server is currently online, but it’s not showing online in Minecraft PE.

This must be a technical glitch or it could be that you have ran out of credits. Please check if you still have credits available, if you still have a number of credits available, try out these suggestions:

1. Try restarting the LEET App.
  2. Try rebooting your phone.
  3. Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
  4. Try rebooting your server.
  5. Log out and sign in again.
  6. Make sure your LEET App is updated.
  7. Make sure Minecraft PE is updated.

If you still experience this glitch after trying out these suggestions or have any questions regarding LEET, then please don’t hesitate to write back to us!

Kind regards,
Dylan"

What would you do in the situation of a server constantly crashing issue?
I would try restarting the server, if that didn’t work I would try disabling the latest plugin I enabled. If that did not work then I’d try the rollback feature in the LEET App. If it still doesn’t work, then I’d repair all plugins with the Repair feature. I’m sure after repairing everything, the server should be fixed.

A customer is requesting a refund simply because they don’t like the plugin. What would be your response?
I would respond the following:

"Dear user,

First of all, I want to thank you for writing to us. My name is Dylan and I’ll be helping you with your problem today!

I’m so sorry to hear the disappointment in a plugin you purchased in the LEET App. We are always trying to improve our plugins so that our clients can have the best experience with them on their server. We are unable to give you a refund for the purchased plugin. LEET has a description of every plugin. Right before you purchase a plugin, a popup will appear with the description of the plugin to tell the users what it’s about. And that’s the moment when you have to decide whether you like the plugin or not.

Please be careful next time!

Lots of love,
Dylan"

LEET gets a ton of applications. Tell us something about you that makes you exceptionally good:
I have a lot of free time on my hands and I’m proficient with LEET plugins, the app, as well as commands. I also like to help solve problems with other LEET members and I always try to add some in everything I do with passion. Soon enough I’ll be helping LEET as a developer!

Kind regards,
Dylan Jonathan Van Der Westhuizen

Accepted! I will shortly invite you to our team chat where we wil do age-verification.

ur favourite elf, alien, anime character, and hybrid

Support: https://leethelp.desk.com/
LEET Human Resource Manager

Hi @ZMusty
It has been 2 days since I’ve last heard of you. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to reply to this, but I’d like to get more information regarding the staff chat and all necessary information I need to know.

Kind regards,
Dylan

Hey, @midwolfhunter

Has Musty added you to our official slacks group? If yes, have you verified your age with him yet?

~Sky_Craft
LEET SUPERVISOR

Need help? Feel free to make a support ticket at support.leet.cc

•If you have any questions feel free to ask me•
Join SkyCraft:
IP/Port: b29988.leet.cc/29988

@sky_craft Hi, no he didn’t.

@midwolfhunter said in Staff Application [Dylan Van Der Westhizen] x2:

@sky_craft Hi, no he didn’t.

Alright, I’ll make sure that he does. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

~Sky_Craft
LEET SUPERVISOR

Join SkyCraft:

Hey @midwolfhunter,

I have communicated with musty and he’ll ask you question(s) about age verification.

~Sky_Craft
LEET SUPERVISOR

Join SkyCraft:

@midwolfhunter said in Staff Application [Dylan Van Der Westhizen] x2:

Hi @ZMusty
It has been 2 days since I’ve last heard of you. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to reply to this, but I’d like to get more information regarding the staff chat and all necessary information I need to know.

Kind regards,
Dylan

I invited you to the slack group chat a couple days ago , i had forgetten to inform you about that

Denied - Failed to prove age

Looks like your connection to LEET Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.